As the Registers of Electors are compiled by electoral divisions based on electors’ NRIC addresses as of the Registers’ cut-off date, the Elections Department will not be able to place an elector’s name in a Register of Elector if he does not have a Local Contact Address (LCA).

Hence, for any Singapore citizen residing overseas who has changed his NRIC address to an overseas address, he will need to register a LCA with the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority, in order to have his name entered or retained in the Registers of Electors when the Registers are next revised. He will then be eligible to vote at subsequent elections if he meets the qualifying criteria.

The LCA must either be:

  1. the address of any residential property in Singapore that the person owns an estate or interest in; or

  2. the residential address in Singapore of:

  3. (i) his spouse, grandparent, parent, sibling, child, grandchild;

    (ii) any grandparent, parent or sibling of his spouse;

    (iii) any sibling of any of his parents or his spouse’s parents; or

    (iv) any child of any of his siblings or his spouse’s siblings.

Click on the button below to apply for a LCA using Singpass.

Apply LCA