For any Singapore citizen residing overseas who had changed his NRIC address to an overseas address with the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority after the cut-off date of the current Registers of Electors, he will need to register a contact address in Singapore, also known as a Local Contact Address (LCA), in order to have his name entered or retained in the Registers of Electors when the registers are next revised.

As elections in Singapore are conducted by constituency (also known as electoral division) basis, having an LCA will allow the Elections Department to allot the voter to an electoral division to vote in an election.

The LCA must either be:

(a) the address of any residential property in Singapore that the person owns an estate or interest in; or

(b) the residential address in Singapore of:

(i) his spouse, grandparent, parent, sibling, child, grandchild;
(ii) any grandparent, parent or sibling of his spouse;
(iii) any sibling of any of his parents or his spouse’s parents; or
(iv) any child of any of his siblings or his spouse’s siblings.

To register for an LCA, an overseas Singaporean may submit an application online via the Services provided on this website using Singpass.